Whenever you are in the market for a new or used vehicle, one thing that should be on your mind is auto insurance. The fact of the matter is that not all vehicles cost the same to insure. There are some vehicles that are going to cost quite a bit more for the same amount of coverage as another vehicle. For some vehicle owners, this can be a concept that is hard to understand. InsureWise is here to talk about what makes some vehicles more to insure than others.
What are Auto Insurance Rates Determined By?
When it comes to auto insurance, there are several factors that come into play when the insurance rate you will be paying is determined. Here are some of the things that an insurance company will take into account as they figure out what your premium is going to be:
– Driving Record: If you have any tickets or accidents on your driving record, that is going to reflect in the amount of money you pay each month on your car insurance. This is one of the reasons why defensive driving is so important.
– Age: Age is another thing that an insurance company is going to take into consideration when figuring out your insurance rate. The younger and more inexperienced you are, the more you are going to pay.
– Marital Status: There are some companies that will take a look at your marital status as they figure out your insurance premium.
– Credit Score: The higher your credit score, the less you will likely pay on your auto insurance.
– Vehicle: The vehicle that you drive will also have an impact on how much you pay for your auto insurance. Like mentioned above, there are some vehicles that cost more to insure than others.
Specific Vehicle Features the Impact Insurance Rates
The type of vehicle you drive is not the only thing that an insurance company will look at when deciding how much it costs to insure a vehicle. Insuring a vehicle goes far beyond the make, model, and year. Here are some of the different factors that are considered when insuring a vehicle:
– Safety Rating: The higher the safety rating on a vehicle the lower your insurance rate is going to be.
– Size: When it comes to an auto accident, larger vehicles are safer so you will usually pay less to insure them.
– Age: The age of your car is also going to come into play when it comes to insuring it. Older cars with less technology in them are cheaper to fix in the case of an accident.
– Luxury: The less luxurious your vehicle is, the less you will pay in auto insurance.
Auto Insurance Policies & More in Las Vegas, Henderson, Reno, North Las Vegas, Summerlin, Paradise, Spring Valley, Sunrise Manor, Enterprise, Sparks, Carson City & State of Nevada
There are many different variables that come into play when finding auto insurance for a new or used car. To make the process simpler, leave the grunt work up to the professionals at InsureWise. We will find you the best deal possible on your auto insurance. Call us today or click here to complete this quick and easy quote form!