If you own your own home, you know how fun it can be to make it yours with improvements. What you may not know is that there are some improvements out there that can have an impact on your homeowner’s insurance policy. There are some that will help you get a lower rate for your policy if you do them right. InsureWise LLC is here to talk about some of the improvements that you can make to your home that will actually help lower your insurance premiums.
What Home Improvements Can Be Undertaken to Lower Insurance Premiums?
There are several home improvements that will help make your home unique and save you money on your insurance in the process. Here are some ideas that could end up saving you money in the long run.
– Switching to a Gas or Electric Furnace: If you have an oil furnace or a wood burning stove to keep your home warm during the winter, consider making the switch to a gas or electric furnace to save you money on your insurance premiums. It is able to do this because these furnaces lower your risk of a house fire.
– Replacing Knob & Tube Electrical Wiring: If you live in an older home, you might have an old electrical system throughout the house. This can be a danger of a house fire as well. When you replace your old, outdated electrical system with newer, safer wiring materials like copper, you could end up saving on your insurance.
– Updating Plumbing: Some older homes have galvanized or lead pipes that create their plumbing systems. When you upgrade them to copper or plastic pipes, you could save because it lowers your risk of a flood in your home.
– Installing a Sump Pump: If your home doesn’t have a sump pump or a backwater valve installed in it to pump out any excess water found around your foundation, you could find that you are eligible for savings when you have one installed.
– Roof Replacement: The roof on your home is essential to keeping your home safe during severe weather. If your roof is getting older, consider having it replaced to not only give you the peace of mind that you need, but to save you money on your insurance as well.
– Installing a Security System: Not only will a security system help you keep any criminals away from your home, but it will also help you save some money on your insurance policy as well.
If you are looking for the right homeowner’s insurance policy to make sure your home is covered in the case that you experience a disaster, you can turn to the brokers at InsureWise LLC to help you find the policy that makes the most sense for your home. We will help you find the best rate, coupled with the maximum amount of coverage needed for your home. Call us today!