When it comes to your monthly mortgage, there is more to it than the cost of your home and the loan that goes along with it. You need to factor in your homeowners insurance as well. This can have a big impact on what you’re spending each month for your house. If you are a new homebuyer, it could be something that you weren’t aware of. When you don’t think about the money you need for homeowners insurance, it can end up messing with your budget in a major way. InsureWise is here to share some tips that can help you save money on your homeowners insurance each month.
How You Can Save on Homeowners Insurance
Following are some of our best tips to help you get a lower premium on your homeowners insurance policy:
– Higher Deductible: One of the first places that people turn when trying to lower their homeowners insurance premiums has to do with the deductible. Generally speaking, the higher the deductible, the less money you are going to pay for your coverage. When you have a lower deductible, you will be paying more for your policy. Just remember that when you have a high deductible, that means you will need to have a nest egg of money that is set aside for when these problems with your home pop up since you will be spending more on the repairs.
– Bundle Insurance: Another way that you can see savings is when you bundle your homeowners insurance and your auto insurance together into one plan. Many companies will give you a discount for doing this. We recommend looking into the homeowners insurance coverage that your auto insurance company offers.
– Insurance Discounts: Many people don’t realize this, but there are usually some discounts that you can get on your homeowners insurance when you ask about them. They don’t usually offer up this information without you asking, but it is there for the taking. Some of the discounts you can get come when you have certain smoke detectors, live by a fire hydrant, have a new roof or new windows, an alarm system and much more. It is worth asking your agent if you would qualify for any discounts that they haven’t told you about yet.
– Raise Credit Score: What a lot of people don’t know is that your credit score has an impact on your homeowners insurance premium as well. The better your score is, the better your price. If you have a lower score, work on improving it to get this discount.
– Compare Insurance Prices: Don’t settle for the first company you call. They all offer different prices, and it is worth shopping around.
Homeowners Insurance Policies & More in Las Vegas, Henderson, Reno, North Las Vegas, Summerlin, Paradise, Spring Valley, Sunrise Manor, Enterprise, Sparks, Carson City & State of Nevada
If you are on the hunt for homeowner’s insurance, you can turn to InsureWise to help you find the best rates. We will do all the shopping around so that you don’t have to. Call us today or click here to fill out this quick and easy online form to get a quote.