Moving into a new rental is an exhilarating experience, from organizing your space to learning the lay of the land and discovering new restaurants and places to go. While it’s indeed an exciting time, it’s also a time to be prudent and plan for the unexpected. Many renters are under the misguided impression that their landlord’s policy also covers their belongings and contents in their home. Unfortunately, a landlord or homeowners policy only covers the structure of the building and not the items inside. InsureWise LLC outlines why renters insurance is so important.
What are the Reasons for Renters Insurance?
1. Personal Belongings are Covered By Rental Insurance: In the case of fire or flood, a renters policy will ensure that you receive reimbursement for your belongings. Items covered include everything from clothing, furniture, and electronics. The cost of replacement can be expensive and adds up quickly.
2. Renters Insurance Covers Personal Liability & Protects Visitors: If someone visiting were to sustain an injury while visiting your home or apartment, they could sue you for restitution, primarily if a court determines that you were negligent. The bottom line is that you could be responsible for paying all of their medical bills and pain and suffering, for example, injuries sustained in a dog bite or someone tripping. Liability coverage in your renter’s insurance pays the injured party’s medical bills so that you don’t have to.
3. Renter’s Insurance Covers Displacement: If your apartment is damaged by fire or flooding and is unliveable and you have a loss of use protection included in your renter’s insurance; you will receive monetary compensation to stay in a hotel room once the expense of your regular monthly rent is reached.
4. Living Expenses are Covered by Renters Insurance: If you have to reside somewhere temporarily after a disaster, you may not have access to a kitchen, leaving you in a position where you may have to go out to eat every day. Your renter’s insurance policy can help compensate and cover the costs of these unexpected and unplanned expenses.
5. Renters Insurance Covers Theft: Renters insurance is literally your insurance policy in the event of a theft. If you are a break-in victim and your belongings are stolen or damaged, you will receive monetary compensation as long as the items are listed on your renter’s policy. Depending on the type of policy you have, you will receive the cash value or the replacement value of the items stolen or damaged.
6. Renters Insurance Provides Peace of Mind: You will rest easy with the understanding that your belongings are covered in the event of a breakin or natural disaster or if a visitor has an accident. Renters insurance will compensate your for lost items.
Renters Insurance Policies & More in Las Vegas, Henderson, Reno, North Las Vegas, Paradise, Spring Valley, Sunrise Manor, Enterprise, Sparks, Carson City & State of Nevada
Theft, vandalism, fire, smoke, water, and damage caused by wind, rain, and snow can happen at any time. Renters insurance is a relatively inexpensive way to protect yourself from loss and aid in replacing your everyday and valuable items. To learn more about the right renter’s insurance policy or to get a free renter’s insurance quote for your valuables, contact the experts at InsureWise LLC today.